Reading Counts is Up and Running!!

39-136405594Parents and Students,

Thanks for hanging in there as we learned the ropes of how to do Reading Counts!  For the most part, I think everyone has it now!  So far, everyone in the class has taken quizzes and most are doing well and passing!  A big thanks to the parent volunteers who have been coming in to help us get more kids done in one period of time!  If you have an interest and would like to help, we can still use you!  Just shoot me an email with the best day of the week for you.  We always start at 8:55-9:00 and we can get most kids done by 9:30-9:45.

Your child has until Nov. 29 to make their goal for this first round of Reading Counts.  Here’s the “Daily Drill”:         🙂

1)Have them read 15 minutes a night (can be Reading Counts book or other).

2)Mark it on the Book It calendar and on their RC Log Sheet.

3)Remind them to sign up for a quiz or book blog in the morning.

4)At night before reading again, ask them how they did on their quiz.  If they did not pass, read the SAME book again.  If they passed, read a different book.   And go back up to step 1!

***And please don’t worry when we have trouble getting into the library!  It doesn’t happen often and I promise that I help them when it does!  Remember that reading a book from home is A-OK!!  Also, Reading Counts is not part of their grade on the report card.  It is just an incentive to get the kids excited about reading and practicing daily.  This year’s theme is “iread”, and rumor has it that there are some ipod shuffles involved for prizes at the end of the year!!!  SO KEEP READING!!!!!