All About Mrs. Q

Teaching brings me such great joy!  I have always wanted to be a teacher.  When I was a little girl, I used to make my little brother and sister be my students. Lol!  The 2016-17 school year will be my 20th year of teaching for Hudsonville.  My Bachelor’s degree is from WMU in education, and I have my Master’s degree from GVSU.  I have taught high school, middle school, and elementary.  I have also taught school in two other states, Oklahoma and Louisiana.

When I am not teaching, I am busy being a mom and grandma!  My son Keegan graduated from CMU, and he works for Fox 17 news! Both of my daughters, Emily and Caitlin, are still in college. I have a 2 year old granddaughter named Harlow.  I love to travel, ride my bike, hike, sew and do crafts.  I love all Michigan colleges, but I especially have an allegiance to Michigan State University!  Go Spartans!  I am a college basketball fan.  I love, love, love to read and to learn new things.  I have a passion for using technology in new ways in the classroom.  And most importantly, I LOVE kids!

I am so excited to be your teacher!  Welcome to fourth grade!!

Mrs. Quigley

4 thoughts on “All About Mrs. Q

1. Hi Mrs. Quigley,
    Hope you’re having a good summer! Caleb’s in your class this coming fall and I can’t find a place to sign up for your emails.. Just one to ‘unsuscribe’… Can you direct me where I can see it or maybe a link?? Thank you!!.. Maria : )

2. Hi Maria!
    I am so happy to have Caleb in my class! If you scroll all the way to the bottom on the left side of the page, you will see the “subscribe” window. At least when I scroll down, that’s where I see it on my computer screen. Let me know if you still have difficulties! Thanks for subscribing!!

3. Hello Mrs. Quigley,
    My name is Mrs. CDR and I also teach grade 4. It’s our first time blogging and we would like to connect with as many educational bloggers as possible. It would be a great opportunity to learn and compare our experiences. Come check us out:

Mrscdrfantastic4s.edublogs.org