Busy Couple of Weeks for Second Graders!!

I can hardly believe that we are already almost halfway through May!  Only a few short precious days before school will be at its end for this year.  I have so enjoyed working with your children!  Each and every one of them is such a delight to know, love, and learn with!

A few upcoming activities to note:

*This Tuesday, May 15th, is our field trip to Pell Greenhouse to learn all about plants, their parts, and how they grow.  All parents are invited, but must drive separately.  Thanks!

*This Thursday, May 17th, is our Just Write Celebration for second grade!  Our writings are up and on display for everyone to see our hard work.  Mr. Ceglarek is coming to be our special guest!

*Monday, May 28th, is Memorial Day – no school.

*Friday, June 8th, is last day of school.

We have a lot of rap-up activities going on right now!  Please be sure to send extra snacks with your students for nourishment, and getting to bed ontime is important too! I know families have so many spring activities and are very busy this time of year. Sticking to routines will be very helpful for your child in finishing out the year.  And one last thing!  I know I have said this before, but please be sure to read with your child over the summer!  It is so important and will help them to not regress with their reading skills!

It has truly been a joy and an honor to work with your child!  Love – Mrs. Q