2 G Summary for 10/16/11

Hi Everyone!  Just a few updates for this week!  First, we will be having our Halloween Party on Oct. 31, from 2-3 p.m.  If you signed up to help, our lead mom will be calling you soon to let you know what to bring!  Thank you, parents, (ahead of time!) for the wonderful planning you put in to our party!

Our math testing is done.  This week your student will be moving to Mrs. Greenlund’s class, if they need the extra support, or Mrs. Kuieck’s class, if they need the extra challenge!  Otherwise, your student will stay with me for on grade level math.  Notes with email addresses for contacting your child’s math teacher (should that not be me), will be coming home this week.  We second grade teachers work together pretty tightly as a team, so we will be sharing about your student’s progress on a weekly basis.  Feel free to email me if you have any concerns.  I am proud to let you know that EVERY student in our class passed their Unit 1 test with flying colors!!!

Our Christmas Concert will be on Dec. 1 this year at Fair Haven Church.  More information on that will be forth coming soon.

No school this Friday for students.  We use this day to get all of our office work done as teachers in order to prepare for conferences and report cards.

Tidbit of the Week – I have such a caring bunch of students this year!  I am so proud of how many students really reach out to help their fellow classmates.  When someone drops a pencil box, several kids pitch in to help pick it up!  When someone gets their feelings hurt, several friends surround that person with lots of encouragement.  I am really grateful that I get to come to school with such wonderful people every day.  I have the best job in the world!!